We, Topolytics Limited (“Topolytics”, “we”, “our”, “us”) are committed to protecting and respecting the privacy of our customers. We will only collect and use personal data in ways which are described here and in a manner that is consistent with our obligations and your rights under law.
Topolytics has established this Privacy Statement to assist you to understand what information we collect when you use our waste data platforms ‘WasteMap’ and/or ‘WasteTrack’ and how that information is used.
References to “you” throughout the policy are to you the customer/visitor.
Who we are and how to contact us
Where Topolytics collects and processes your personal data, it is the data controller for the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 and the General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679) and / or any applicable legislation adopted by the United Kingdom post the United Kingdom ceasing to be a Member State of the European Union (“Data Protection Legislation”).
If you have any questions regarding the Privacy Statement you can contact us at:
Topolytics Limited, 111 Whitehouse Loan, Edinburgh, EH91AT; and / or
If you are unhappy with how we handle your personal information you can:
submit a complaint in writing for the attention of Michael Groves, Topolytics Limited, 111 Whitehouse Loan, Edinburgh, EH91AT; and / or
notify the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) by calling their helpline on: 0303 123 1113.
What personal information does Topolytics collect about you?
Personal Information is information that can be used to identify or contact a specific individual, such as a name, address, telephone number or email address.
We may collect and process the following information about you when you work with Topolytics or contact us:
|Information which is given by you||We collect information you give to us when you register for our newsletter or for our waste mapping and analysis platform and services. The information you give us may include your name, email address, address, telephone number, username and password and payment information.|
|Information we collect about you||With each of your visits to our website or when using the Topolytics platform we will automatically collect the following information:|
– technical information (e.g. your Internet Protocol (IP) address, log in information, browser type and version, time zone and setting, browser plug in types and version; operating system and platform;
– information about your visit to our website, including your city and country.
If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence or telephone call.
How Topolytics Uses Your Information
Subscription and Services: Topolytics will use your personal information to:
- administer your project or subscription account;
- administer your application as a candidate to one of our job vacancies, and other hiring/recruitment requirements
- communicate with you in relation to your project or subscription account and the services we are providing;
- deliver services to you;
- bill you for your subscription/services purchased; and
- provide ongoing services and support.
[You may have a legal right to ask us to delete or destroy your information. Please contact us by email at email@example.com or in writing at 111 Whitehouse Loan, Edinburgh, EH9 1AT for further information.]
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Information
Processing is necessary for the performance of a contract. We will use your personal information for the above ‘subscription and services’ purposes as is it necessary for the performance of a contract that we have with you (the “Subscription Agreement”). If you do not wish to provide the personal information requested you may not be able to proceed with the Subscription Agreement.
Processing is necessary for the marketing purposes. We will use your personal information for the purposes of marketing or communications. We would seek your consent in such circumstances.
Processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject. We may be required to share your personal information to comply with legal and/or regulatory requirements or, in the event of a dispute, with the relevant dispute resolution body.
With Whom Does Topolytics Share Your Personal Information
Topolytics contracts with third party service providers and suppliers to provide certain services and customer solutions. [We have data processing agreements in place with each of these providers (other than those to whom we may be required to provide personal data by law) so that they process your data in accordance with this Privacy Statement.]
We may share your personal data with organisations that provide us with:
- IT development, support and maintenance services;
- payment/invoice services;
- data processing and analytics services.
Except as provided above, Topolytics will not share personal information with any other third parties without your permission, unless required by, or in connection with, law enforcement action, subpoena or other litigation, or applicable law.
Topolytics will not sell, trade or lease your personal information to others.
Where Do We Store Personal Data
The information which we collect about you will usually be stored inside the UK or European Economic Area (EEA). However, we may transfer personal data outside the UK or EEA where our service providers host, process or store data outside the UK or EEA. Where we do this, we will ensure that the transfer is to a country covered by the decision of the European Commission or is otherwise made in circumstances which we have put appropriate safeguards in place to protect your data in accordance with the Data Protection Legislation.
We will not hold your personal information for any longer than is necessary for the “uses” outlined above, unless we are required to keep your personal data to comply with the law and any regulatory requirements.
Data subjects rights
You have certain rights under the Data Protection Legislation which can be exercised by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org including:
- the right to access the personal data held about the you by making a subject access request in accordance with the Data Protection Legislation. We may charge a reasonable fee when a request is manifestly unfounded or excessive;
- the right to have your personal data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete;
- the right to have your personal data deleted in certain specific circumstances as set out in the Data Protection Legislation;
- the right to restrict the processing of your personal data in certain specific circumstances as set out in the Data Protection Legislation;
- the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes or for purposes based on our legitimate interests; and
- where you have provided consent, to withdraw such consent at any time.
Security of personal information
To protect the privacy of any personal information you may have provided, Topolytics employs industry-standard controls including physical access controls, Internet firewalls, intrusion detection, and network monitoring.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted via Swoop; any transmission is at your own risk.
Your account is password protected for your security and we accordingly advise that you maintain the privacy of your password and change this occasionally to maintain this level of security.
Third party links
Topolytics will engage in periodic self-assessment to verify that it continues to be in compliance with this Privacy Statement.